Announcing the new website!

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Thu Jan 23 17:56:53 EST 2020

Greetings, Programs!

As some of you have noticed by now, we launched a new version of
https://pidgin.im last week.  I held back the announcement a bit to
make sure we had worked out any issues that cropped up, and what do
you know, we found a few and fixed them.

This new website is intended to replace the old website as well as the
wiki portion of developer.pidgin.im.  That said, we haven't gotten
everything into the new website yet, so if you're looking for
something and can't find it, be sure to check out
https://old.pidgin.im or better yet, open a pull request to add the
content to the new site :)

If you find any issues in the new site, you can find it's issue
tracker on our new issue tracker under the nest project at
https://issues.imfreedom.org/issues/NEST.

The repository for the new site is currently hosted at
https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/nest.  I say currently because as many of
you know, Atlassian has decided to remove Mercurial support.  They are
removing the option to create new repositories on February 1st, so be
sure to clone the repository now if you're looking to contribute.

I'll be touching base on our migration progress in a near future
email, but rest assured it is in progress and unfortunately it has
taken an excessive amount of time.  In the meantime, enjoy the new
site!

Thanks,

--
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>