[Cabal] lawyer update

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Wed Dec 6 20:11:29 EST 2006

Sean, thanks for the updates.

On Dec 6, 2006, at 7:16 PM, Sean Egan wrote:

> - Karen really likes the Adium duck and hopes that our Pidgin logo
> will be at least comparatively cute. She also pronounces "Adium" with
> a short 'a' rather than a long 'a', which is how everyone I've ever
> heard pronounce it does. Evan, how is it supposed to be pronounced?
Neat bit of trivia, there, actually... there *is* no correct
pronunciation, because it was never defined as one or another and
three different pronunciations are in common use: short a (add-ee-
um), long a (aid-ee-um), and /ah/ (ahd-ee-um).  Adam Iser pronounced
it the long 'a', but I use the short 'a'... so under the current
regime, anyways, Karen is right :)

> - They think that Adium being part of IM Freedom Inc., is a *great*
> idea.
I'll be talking with the other Adium folk this week as I can catch them.

> They just started the Software Freedom Conservancy
> (http://conservancy.softwarefreedom.org/), so they have tons of ideas
> about how best to manage multiple projects under a single umbrella,
> maintaining the autocracy of each, that they'd love to share with us.
Awesome!

> - They're going to update the tax-exempt filings to represent that
> we're strongly considering running more than one project under our
> auspices.
>
> - For tax-exempt filling, we need to submit an expected 3 year budget
> and tell how much time each director is devoting towards working on
> the board. I'll probably tell them 1 hour/week for each director, and
> maybe 2 for the treasurer and president. If that sounds unreasonable,
> let me know.
Out of curiosity, why is that information needed?  Those numbers
sound reasonable, in any case.

-Evan