[Cabal] [Gaim-devel] Gaim 2.0.0 oscar accounts not backward compatable with 1.5.0

Nathan Walp faceprint at faceprint.com
Wed Dec 13 10:42:43 EST 2006

Mark Doliner wrote:
> Due to the split of oscar accounts from prpl-oscar to prpl-aim and prpl-icq,
> if someone uses Gaim 2.0.0 then goes back to 1.5.0 then their AIM and ICQ
> accounts no longer work because the protocol is "unknown."  I'm ok with that,
> but I thought I'd bring it up in case it's something people are concerned about.

/me checks 4 times to make sure this reply isn't going to gaim-devel

This will only be an issue for people using the betas, as when we go
2.0.0, settings will get read out of .gaim, but stored to .pidgin.
Actually, we should discuss that.  With the advent of libpurple, do we
want to store stuff in a .purple directory?  Most (all?) stuff in there
is set up to be ui-agnostic, and appropriately tagged when it relates to
a specific UI.

Thoughts?

-Nathan