[Cabal] mtn

Sadrul H Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 21:50:55 EST 2006

On 12/20/06, Luke Schierer <lschiere at users.sf.net> wrote:

> A long initial pull will certainly discourage "casual developers."  It
> will also discourage "casual non-developers."  The trade-off might
> result in a greater percentage of people using mtn actually working on
> something.

I personally think the contribution of the "casual developers" far outweigh
the annoyance/inconvenience caused by the "casual non-developers", and I
would prefer if there is an easy way for someone to get the latest code.

One possible 'solution' I can think of is this: there's some link on the
download page that will provide the diff between the latest code and the
last released code. So a casual developer can download the latest release
tarball and the compressed diff, apply the patch and start hacking. This
sounds like something a casual developer will be able to do comfortably, and
something that won't cost a lot of bandwidth from casual non-developers'
use.

Regards,
Adil