[Cabal] monotone

Ethan Blanton elb at psg.com
Sun Nov 5 11:46:53 EST 2006

Christopher O'Brien spake unto us the following wisdom:
> On Nov 5, 2006, at 10:23 AM, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> > Someone installed monotone via apt.  Don't do that.
>
> Is there a version that is doing something broken that perhaps should
> be mentioned on the wiki?

No; it's just that there is a newer version in /usr/local, and the
workspaces are incompatible.  It was causing my nightly update to
fail, because my crontab PATH had /usr/bin before /usr/local/bin --
and there's no reason to install an old version via apt when we have a
new version installed already.

I'm sure whatever version is in apt is fine, but the one in /usr/local
is better.  ;-)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.