[Cabal] Bug Reporting

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Mon Nov 6 06:31:29 EST 2006

On Nov 5, 2006, at 8:34 PM, Richard Laager wrote:

> a) Users should not be able to modify bug attributes. They exist
> not for
> the user anyway, but for us. Having them editable by the user makes
> them
> think it's something they *should* edit. This is worth considering
> when
> we switch to a new bug tracking system. I think we can make these
> statuses more useful to the user; see my suggestions below as (c) and
> (d).
Trac permissions allow specifying whether users can *modify*
attributes.  A plugin, SimpleTicket [1], is needed to keep them from
setting them when submitting.

I really like the rest of your ideas regarding bug submission... I'm
not aware of a way in Trac to  display a message after submitting a
bug or to automatically insert text when a ticket resolution is
selected, but perhaps the Trac folk would be willing to work with us
to make that happen in Trac itself (rather than maintaining changes
for a single Trac installation).

-Evan

[1] http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/SimpleTicketPlugin