[Cabal] Namespaces

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 18:46:36 EST 2006

On 11/20/06, Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/06, Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Any thoughts from sadrul?
>
> Any thoughts at all?

Turns out he wasn't on this list!

Adil: We've decided to renamespace everything to purple_ and pidgin_,
to really emphasize the difference between libpurple and Pidgin. We'd
like to rename gaim-text to something unique, to make it clear that
it's an entirely separate client from Pidgin, as opposed to just "the
console version of pidgin."

Also, since Pidgin and Adium both have avian themes, we think maybe we
should start a trend that libpurple-based clients have something to do
with birds. Hummingbird has been suggested, since they're small,
light, and fast.

What do you think?

-s.