[Cabal] Credit Cards

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 02:41:24 EST 2006

On 11/20/06, Kevin M Stange <kevin at simguy.net> wrote:
> We do processing here at my company through the authorize.net gateway
> and it seems to work fairly well and have decent rates.  You can also do
> processing through a "gateway" like PayPal.  I wasn't here for the early
> part of this thread, so I have no idea what this is about.  Is there an
> archive or can someone fill me in?

My girlfriend works for a credit card processing company and is able
to get us pretty much at-cost credit card processing.

Since this should be much more cost-efficient (and way less ghetto)
than PayPal, we all agreed we should get it.

 After looking at the numbers we've been offered, all the
per-transaction costs have been pretty much halved or waived, and most
of the monthly fees have been waived. She says the credit card
processing company will make only about 3 cents per transaction on us.

> It's possible I can get some information relevant to card processing
> from work which might be useful here.

I think we're set.