[Cabal] Credit Cards

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 03:02:00 EST 2006

On 11/20/06, Evan Schoenberg <evan.s at dreskin.net> wrote:
> So does that mean that the processing company aggregates the Visa and
> Mastercard rates, charging us 0.05% + $0.10/transaction?  Or that some value
> between $0 and $30 flat, plus .1% to 3%, plus 0.05%, plus $0.10/transaction,
> is the take-home cost?

The processing company rates are in addition to the Visa and Mastercard rates.

What we pay is $10 to $15 a month. There's a minimum charge of $5/mo.
So they will bill us to $5/mo if we don't handle enough transactions.
This minimum fee was lowered from their standard $25/mo. The other 10
dollars are the monthly statement fee and gateway fee. Typically,
people would pay $20 to $45 a month.

Per transaction, we pay the Visa/Mastercard rates, which vary
depending on the type of card and transaction, plus $0.15 and .05%.
These rates are typically $0.30 and .2% Additionally, the
authorization fee of $0.10 per transaction was waived, so typically a
merchant would pay starting at $0.40 and at least .2% (depending on
how shrewd and dishonest their sales rep was).

Can you share PayPal's rates for comparison?

-s.