[Cabal] Credit Cards

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 12:34:06 EST 2006

On 11/21/06, Ethan Blanton <elb at psg.com> wrote:
> Daniel Atallah spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > Out of curiosity, why do you think this? Is it because they don't
> > allow gun sales?
>
> They do not allow one to use paypal to pay for firearms or various
> firearm parts, yes.  They also would not respond to an inquiry on the
> matter.

The policy is here:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside&ed=weapons

I assume it is just a CYA liability prevention issue since there are
lots of items that they don't allow including cigarettes, alcohol and
OEM software:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside

I really don't care what we use, but from a cost standpoint, PayPal
seems to make more sense.

I remember hearing about Google Payments at one point - what is the
deal with that?

-D