Fwd: [ alexandria-Support Requests-1693049 ] "private" bit on mailing list not being honored

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:59:49 EDT 2007

On 4/3/07, Luke Schierer <lschiere at users.sf.net> wrote:

> Our secrecy held up very well until now.  But it is increasingly obvious
> in #gaim that it is blown.  Today we have a "fadde" in #pidgin, a nick I
> do not know.  Based on the fact that Err tells me he was announcing
> gaim's name change at 0930 in #gaim, I sincerely doubt he's anyone we
> intended to know yet.

Wonderful.

We need to be prepared for an announcement ASAP.  I highly suggest a
> release follow in very short order.

I agree completely.

Personally I advocate just going straight for 2.0.0 final.  We've had
> buggy releases before, and have handled it.  So we might have to release
> a 2.0.1 very shortly after.  Who cares?

I think it would be nice if we gave translators a chance to get the Pidgin
translations up to date before the final release.
I also think it would be a good idea to have a short new beta or RC (I don't
care what we call it) to shake out any annoying issues before the final
release.
I realize that we've had buggy releases before, but especially considering
the leadup to this, I think it would be valuable to avoid unnecessary dumb
mistakes.

-D