[Cabal] Commit mailing list for pidgin mtn

Kevin M Stange kevin at simguy.net
Thu Feb 1 13:48:55 EST 2007

Mark Doliner wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 07:46:01 -0500, Luke Schierer wrote
>> On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 01:15:03AM -0500, Ethan Blanton wrote:
>>> Nathan Walp spake unto us the following wisdom:
>>> What would you want to see for the path changed?  Is that the
>>> repository path, for svn?  (The branch name, for monotone?)  I'll look
>>> into the first line of the commit message.

>>> Yeah, those are annoying in general.  Mutt tells me if it's from a
>>> mailing list, no need to waste subject space on it.
>>>
>>> Ethan
>>>
>> I have made this latter change.
>>
>> luke
>
> For the record I like having the [Commits] tag in the subject line.  I find it
> useful when visually scanning my inbox.

I concur.  I keep all my Gaim (and Pidgin) mail in one mailbox, so that
threading when someone switches mailing lists is maintained, and I like
the consistent indicator in the subject on which mailing list a
particular item appeared.  However, since all the subject lines now will
start with "Revision" I suppose I can still draw the same conclusion.

> Also, why do some of the emails only contain, "to get the patch for this
> revision, please do this" and not the commit message or diff?
>
> And would anyone else prefer to have the diff inline rather than as an attachment?

Thunderbird shows the diffs inline either way, so it doesn't matter to me.

Kevin