Binreloc

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Feb 15 23:30:05 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 23:14 -0500, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> Luke Schierer spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > > What's the correct fix? Having binreloc in the library and in the
> > > client, I presume?
> >
> > destroying binreloc?
>
> Sounds good.

I agree. If the plan is to continue to do an autopackage package, I
think that can be handled just like any other package would be. The
binreloc stuff can be patched in as part of the autopackage build.
There's no reason that the autopackage stuff (diffs included) can't be
isolated to one directory, which can even (but doesn't have to be)
stored in our repository (but in any case shouldn't be shipped in the
released tarball). This is how Debian packages work, for example.

Richard