Revision 4678663a5146bb2ba8f75ac1c75632557176dd5d

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Sat Feb 24 15:56:59 EST 2007

On Feb 24, 2007, at 3:25 PM, markdoliner at pidgin.im wrote:

> Evan, was this line necessary?  It causes the following warning
> for me when compiling:
>
> eventloop.c: In function 'gaim_input_get_error':
> eventloop.c:70: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code

I included it not because I'd seen a need but rather because the
usage for errno in the page I found via Google  [1]  when I was
trying to figure out why errno is used the way it is in proxy.c says:
"An application that needs to examine the value of errno to determine
the error should set it to 0 before a function call, then inspect it
before a subsequent function call."

I see no reason errno needs to be used at all, though, as getsockopt
() returns the value directly into the pointer we pass.

[1] http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/errno.html

-Evan