[Cabal] Monotone keys

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Sun Jan 21 21:34:44 EST 2007

On Jan 21, 2007, at 9:21 PM, Ethan Blanton wrote:

> Evan Schoenberg spake unto us the following wisdom:
>>> Ethan wrote:
>>> To add someone else, get their key (via mtn read < keyfile, where
>>> they
>>> created keyfile with mtn pubkey > keyfile), then do 'mtn push
>>> --key-to-push theirkeyid at pidgin.im'.  Add their keyid to the end of
>>> ~monotone/.monotone/write-permissions, and they're in.
>>
>> Perhaps we should put developers' public keys on a Trac page?
>
> To what end?  (I mean, we can do that if there's a reason, but I don't
> see one.)

Sorry, I thought your instructions above were intended for each
client who wants to add a developer to the circle of trust.
Rereading, given that you have ~monotone in the instructions, you
must be telling us how to add someone else to the server's key list
of allowed pushers.

I don't see a purpose to publishing the public keys, either, now.

-Evan