[Cabal] No revision log in TracMonotone

Ethan Blanton elb at psg.com
Mon Jan 22 12:17:17 EST 2007

Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> FYI it doesn't look like the TracMonotone plugin supports displaying the
> revision log for a given file or the annotate/blame for a given file.  That
> makes it pretty useless for me... I guess I should try monotone-viz.

This is due to the performance problems discussed in the wiki
regarding 'mtn log <file>' and 'mtn annotate'; however, this has been
fixed in 0.32, and I expect tracmonotone to catch up.  Note that I
believe that we will be the first major project using tracmonotone, so
we'll probably have some improvements to make.

I understand that monotone-viz is very good.  It is more powerful than
a web interface would be (generally speaking).  I also intend to set
up viewmtn; I looked at it briefly, and determined that it was going
to require me to read some documentation (I know jack about apache,
python, CGI modules, etc.), and put it off.  I'll hopefully get to
that soon.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.