RPMs

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Sat Mar 24 23:39:04 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a modified pidgin.spec.in ready to commit that separates out
various parts of pidgin:

libpurple, libpurple-devel, pidgin, pidgin-devel, finch, finch-devel,
various "optional" plugins as libpurple-<plugin> (eg. libpurple-tcl,
libpurple-silc etc.)

Is this the way we want to go? It makes more sense to me to do this so
people can install just the components they need, and increases the
compatibility if we end up with 3rd party clients that don't want to
force pidgin on people.

I'm not entirely sure what we're going to be doing with download
resources for pidgin, but if we can set up yum etc. repositories for
builds this should reduce the burden on end users to
"yum install pidgin" if that's what they want.

Comments?

Regards,

Stu.