Summer of Code

Nathan Walp nwalp at pidgin.im
Tue Mar 27 18:11:08 EDT 2007

Luke Schierer wrote:
> Sadrul brought up a good point today in #pidgin.  What are we going to
> do with the students for this year's summer of code?  Are they going to
> work in subversion, creating a need for us to port their code, or will
> they be working in mtn, creating an apparent vacuum of summer of code
> commits as seen by the public at large?
>
> We *really* need to have this resolved soon.

The way I understood it, we were going to have this resolved before any
of the SoC kids were really in a position to commit anything (i.e. this
week or next).

If this isn't the case, then I'd hate to set a bad example for them by
making them code in secrecy, when we're supposed to be teaching them
about open development.  That said, I really would like them all to be
able to commit to MTN branches.

What sort of deadline have we given AOL/the lawyers?

-Nathan