When to announce

Luke Schierer lschiere at users.sf.net
Fri Mar 30 13:15:22 EDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 04:40:21PM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> On 3/29/07, Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Oh man, April 1st... good idea!
>
> I just realized this reads like we shouldn't do the April Fool's
> thing. We should do it, but hopefully in a way that nobody believes
> it, and causes headaches ;)

In the interest of making some sort of release possible on 4/1, I
checked out the current webpage to /var/www/htdocs/, and set appache2's
root to it.

I minimally changed it to work (so do not check out over top, you'll
break it!!), and started, but did not complete, the process of
s/Gaim/Pidgin/ and purple and so on.  I no doubt over used global
replace, so there are likely some mistakes.  Someone will have to go
over it with a fine toothed comb to be sure of catching all of it.

I've also not yet redirected the appropriate sections to
developer.pidgin.im

luke