resiak at soc.pidgin.im
resiak at soc.pidgin.im
Sun Nov 11 17:00:53 EST 2007
Author: resiak at soc.pidgin.im
I don't think that incorrect passwords can be helpfully distinguished from
other authentication errors (other than invalid usernames, for instance). For
example, if you typo the username but enter the correct password, it's not the
password that's wrong.
-------------- next part --------------
--- libpurple/connection.c 749a89a3ae7d6503b98dc0147f35098ce609f5a2
+++ libpurple/connection.c c8a9a75d7f535fa8ea0893a704bd85f9afb09183
@@ -580,7 +580,6 @@ purple_connection_error_is_fatal (Purple
- case PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_INCORRECT_PASSWORD:
--- libpurple/connection.h 69fc04c0d566a448ccb1697467e3b5bd83b51198
+++ libpurple/connection.h 35a2bf3c23941b57739475d17f52d542c79bc819
@@ -66,30 +66,27 @@ typedef enum
PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_NETWORK_ERROR = 0,
/** The username supplied was not valid. */
PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_INVALID_USERNAME = 1,
- /** The password was incorrect. */
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_INCORRECT_PASSWORD = 2,
/** The username, password or some other credential was incorrect. Use
- * the above two errors if the username or password in particular are
- * known to be incorrect.
+ * the above errors if the username is known to be invalid.
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED = 3,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED = 2,
/** libpurple doesn't speak any of the authentication methods the
* server offered.
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_IMPOSSIBLE = 4,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_IMPOSSIBLE = 3,
/** libpurple was built without SSL support, and the connection needs
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_NO_SSL_SUPPORT = 5,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_NO_SSL_SUPPORT = 4,
/** There was an error negotiating SSL on this connection, or the
* server does not support encryption but an account option was set to
* require it.
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_ENCRYPTION_ERROR = 6,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_ENCRYPTION_ERROR = 5,
/** Someone is already connected to the server using the name you are
* trying to connect with.
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_NAME_IN_USE = 7,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_NAME_IN_USE = 6,
/** The username/server/other preference for the account isn't valid.
* For instance, on IRC the screen name cannot contain white space.
@@ -100,27 +97,27 @@ typedef enum
* other account preferences should be validated when the
* account is created.
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_INVALID_SETTINGS = 8,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_INVALID_SETTINGS = 7,
/** The server did not provide a SSL certificate. */
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_NOT_PROVIDED = 9,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_NOT_PROVIDED = 8,
/** The server's SSL certificate could not be trusted. */
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_UNTRUSTED = 10,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_UNTRUSTED = 9,
/** The server's SSL certificate has expired. */
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_EXPIRED = 11,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_EXPIRED = 10,
/** The server's SSL certificate is not yet valid. */
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_NOT_ACTIVATED = 12,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_NOT_ACTIVATED = 11,
/** The server's SSL certificate did not match its hostname. */
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_HOSTNAME_MISMATCH = 13,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_HOSTNAME_MISMATCH = 12,
/** The server's SSL certificate does not have the expected
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_FINGERPRINT_MISMATCH = 14,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_FINGERPRINT_MISMATCH = 13,
/** The server's SSL certificate is self-signed. */
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_SELF_SIGNED = 15,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_SELF_SIGNED = 14,
/** There was some other error validating the server's SSL certificate.
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_OTHER_ERROR = 16,
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_CERT_OTHER_ERROR = 15,
/** Some other error occured which fits into none of the other
@@ -129,7 +126,7 @@ typedef enum
* this is the last member of the enum when sanity-checking; if other
* reasons are added after it, the check must be updated.
- PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_OTHER_ERROR = 17
+ PURPLE_CONNECTION_ERROR_OTHER_ERROR = 16
/** Holds the type of an error along with its description. */
More information about the Commits