pidgin: aad9cd2b: NEWS and ChangeLog a bit.
qulogic at pidgin.im
qulogic at pidgin.im
Sun Oct 19 02:33:30 EDT 2008
Author: qulogic at pidgin.im
NEWS and ChangeLog a bit.
-------------- next part --------------
--- ChangeLog f56dc79092c1be9bc731727bc2bf6392d700423b
+++ ChangeLog a542641bd83896d97c338bd65152195b8498fc32
@@ -2,7 +2,6 @@ version 2.5.2 (10/19/2008):
version 2.5.2 (10/19/2008):
- * Restored the "Has You" feature to the MSN protocol tooltips.
* Fixed a crash on removing a custom buddy icon on a buddy.
* Fixed a crash caused by certain self-signed SSL certificates.
* Enable a number of strong ciphers which were previously disabled
@@ -16,14 +15,22 @@ version 2.5.2 (10/19/2008):
* Added ability to change the color of visited links (using the theme
control plugin, or setting the color in ~/.gtkrc-2.0)
* Fix a crash occuring when a custom smiley is deleted and re-added and
- used in an open conversation after being re-added
+ used in an open conversation after being re-added.
* A new 'Nested Grouping' option in the 'Grouping' plugin. Group
- hierarchies are defined by the '/' character in the group names
+ hierarchies are defined by the '/' character in the group names.
* A bug was fixed where some key-bindings wouldn't work with some TERMs
(e.g. xterm-color, screen-linux etc.)
+ * Operations (such as moving to a new group) on contacts that were added
+ in the same session should now complete correctly, and not cause
+ synchronization errors at next login.
+ * Minor fixes to login process during a server transfer.
+ * Restored the "Has You" feature to the MSN protocol tooltips.
+ * ADL 205/214/etc errors should no longer prevent login.
* Sending and receiving custom smileys using the specification in
XEP-0231 (bits of binary) and XHTML-IM
--- NEWS c1bc8027ddd50ef962665fcdb6a1792942d622bf
+++ NEWS 0f04eeb0b33f473822488a1754dda6fb681c314f
@@ -23,6 +23,12 @@ 2.5.2 (10/19/2008):
release far longer than we expected. Hopefully the bugfixes make you
+ Elliott: This release took a while, but that was due to an unfortunate
+ server snafu. I didn't have much to do with it, but hopefully the new
+ servers will help us out a bit. Anyway, mostly bug-fixes this time.
+ Nothing spectacular, unless you happen to suffer from one of those bugs.
+ Oh, and don't forget, the "Has you" tooltip is back!
Kevin: This release is mainly a bug-fix release. It solves a few
known crashes and updates some of our artwork. Google's Summer of
More information about the Commits