postgrey

Ethan Blanton elb at psg.com
Mon Apr 9 10:27:29 EDT 2007

As I have requested *numerous* times -- turn postgrey off.

Not only does it make the mailing list experience quite unpleasant
(I'm receiving all kinds of mails out of order, for example), it has
made interacting with people painful in the past.  I have asked people
to mail me things, and when they do it takes many, many minutes (in
one case, over an hour) for the email to make it through.  Keep in
mind that this was in interacting only with other *developers*, in the
past, as we have not been public for long enough for a user to use my
pidgin.im address.

This is a detriment to usability, far more so than any spam-blocking
benefit.  I suggest that we install spamprobe (or something similar,
if anything else is so effective) on pidgin.im, and turn off this
particular abortion of a "technology".  Before the mailing lists were
on pidgin.im, I could just elect not to use my pidgin.im email address
-- now that they are, I cannot avoid these undesirable effects.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.