Smiley theme engine

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Apr 9 13:29:38 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 17:33 +0200, Hylke Bons wrote:
> What do you think?

Take a look at XEP-0038. My comments for changes were:

"1. I don't like the idea of extending xml:lang to specify a non-Jabber
IM protocol. I'd like to see a protocol attribute added.

2. I'd like an optional <description> element added to the <icon>
element. This would contain a description of the emoticon that could be
displayed to the user, e.g. in a tooltip. Multiple <description>
elements could be added, differentiated by xml:lang attributes. The
application could then pick the best match."

If you let me know what you need, that would be a good push to get me
working on updating XEP-0038 for this, which has been discussed some on
kopete-devel and standards-jig.

Richard