For SoC Mentors

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Apr 10 02:21:56 EDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 00:00:55 -0400, Eric Polino wrote
> On 4/9/07, Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sean Egan wrote:
> > > How many projects do you want to mentor? We have 8 mentors signed up
> > > who are likely to mentor at least one project. Would 10 be a
> > > reasonable number of projects to accept?
> >
> > 1 to 2 each sounds good to me.
>
> has Google told you how many applications they've received for Pidgin?

Yes, around 88 applications total for Pidgin.  And their preliminary student
allotment shows us with 5 slots.  We've done most of the work of narrowing
down which projects we like, now we just need to order them based on most
desirable to least desirable.

Sean, I think 1 to 2 projects each is definitely manageable.  10 sounds like a
reasonable number.  5 seems reasonable to me, too.

-Mark