The oldstatus branch

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Wed Apr 11 08:25:02 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 01:58:30AM -0400, John Bailey wrote:

> Ethan Blanton wrote:
> > I have reattached the svn oldstatus branch, as im.pidgin.gaim.oldstatus.
> > I think everything went well, but I didn't verify it as closely as I
> > could have.  Let me know if anything appears to be wrong.
> >
> > Ethan (who has ceded several more hours of his life to the inexcusable
> >        vagaries of subversion.)
>
> Speaking of this, I am seeing commit mails for this branch, which reminds me to
> ask this question.  Why are we receiving these messages with no diff (attached
> or inline), and no log message?  I could see if this was happening only for
> merge revisions, but it is highly unlikely that every one of the 232 revisions I
> have thus far received commit mails for are merge revisions.
>
> It seems to me that the commit list is almost entirely useless if there is no
> diff to look at.  However, this could just be my tendency to use the old
> gaim-commits list mails (which I had never deleted) instead of ViewVC or cvs/svn
> log for historical "research."

This is a known bug in the script generating those emails.  The
frequency with which diff-less commit emails happen should reduce with
time.  Naturally, when we import a whole tree, you'll get a lot of
emails, but there's only one more tree we could even possibly import,
the gtk1-stable tree, which we have no need of right now at least.

luke