Large chat room performance again

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Sat Apr 14 12:31:44 EDT 2007

Hi list!

This is my third post to this list regarding this topic, so I'm at it
again. :)

I've gotten my previous issues to work now, but there seems to be a
performance issue with the GTK user list when the user count is ~10000.
In my attempts to profile it, I compiled beta6 with debug flags and
interrupted it at some points with gdb. The majority of the interrupts,
it wasn't possible to get a good stack trace (since the code was running
deep in Gtk/Pango which weren't compiled with debugging), but the times
I did get a reliable trace, it seemed to be running in
gtkconv.c:sort_chat_users(), which seems called by a autosorting
GtkListStore.

Is this something Gaim/Pidgin should fix, or do you think I should

Fredrik Tolf