monotone + trac = load

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:22:18 EDT 2007

On 4/16/07, Nathan Walp <nwalp at pidgin.im> wrote:
> Can someone who understands all the trac/monotone interaction stuff (if
> such a person exists) take a look at homing and decide if good things
> are happening there?  It looks like trac has 3 separate processes
> keeping its little monotone db mirror up to date.  I can't imagine that
> this is a good thing.

There shouldn't be 3 processes, what makes you think that there are?

The way it is currently set up, there is a cron job that runs at :03
and :33 that updates the mtn db that trac uses.  This is suboptimal as
it causes errors in trac when the updates are in process but I don't
believe there is currently a better way to do this (I've asked the
trac-monotone author).

-D