libpurple crashes...

Rehan rehan.shaikh at radarspot.com
Mon Apr 23 12:50:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

  I am developing an application powered by libpurple. But suddenly my
stable application crashes for one event. The event is as follows:
a user logins in MSN via my application. Everything works fine. i get the
buddy list, i get updates of MSN buddy presence etc, etc. and the code
executes properly.

But when i lock the screen my MSN live messenger sents presences updates to
my application and after unlocking and checking the logs of my application i
find the application crashed just after getting the presence "Available"
from MSN network.

Is this due to the fact that i am getting two "Available" presence back to
back without any other status in between??

the scenario is user A logs in via my application. user B logs in via MSN
messenger.. User B locks the screen/unlocks the screen and my application
crashes. i can see last i got a "Available" status from MSN messenger for
user B.

Am i doing something wrong in my application or is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance to all great purple developers...

Regards,
Rehan.