An important, controversial issue!

Dale Worley dworley at pingtel.com
Wed Apr 25 09:33:28 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 14:37 -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> They're all represented by what everyone agrees are very
> excellent new Tango-styled icons. They're really well done.

The biggest problem is "How easily can a new user figure out what the
status icons mean?"  I suspect that without prior knowledge, *all* of
the icons are arbitrary.  Are there proper rollover popups or some such
so one can easily discover what the clock icon is supposed to mean?
Once that is taken care of, I expect that 95% of the users won't even
notice that they can't figure out what the metaphor is.

Dale