An important, controversial issue!

H. Bons H.Bons at student.rug.nl
Thu Apr 26 12:12:10 EDT 2007

A paper or a paper with clock? Why not put everything on a
paper. Or use a paper for every state ("busy" can be on a
paper)?

For the paper part, the sticky notes are more used like
things *to do* or to *remember*. Yes sometimes they are
used to tell other people when you're back, but they were
invented for remembering things. A hanging board that was
suggested for away would be better for ex-away in my
opinion. Also, the sticky notes are used in applications
like tomboy, in which they server the away/remember
purpuse, so we don't want to create confusion there.

Now away means that you will back in some time (without a
away message), and i think the best way to indicate time
is a clock.

I think greyed out buddies look good for idle, like
inactive  UI widgets.

As you know, I come from MSN client (back in Windows
days), and getting used to different metaphors took a week
or so (old Gaim was way more different then pidgin is from
other clients now).

That's how i think about the statuses. :)

Hylke

I really don't get it!:)