An important, controversial issue!

DennisR dennisr-gaimdevel at dennisr.net
Sat Apr 28 05:02:50 EDT 2007

Sean Egan wrote:
> On 4/27/07, Ryan Barrett <gaim-devel at ryanb.org> wrote:
>
>>> Away == Paper
>>> Idle == Grayed out
>>>
>> +1. ICQ and AIM have drilled these into my brain.
>>

> That is not a valid argument. There are far more Yahoo and MSN users
> who have away==clock drilled into their brains.
Sean,

For what its worth, and I'm sure some other people will agree with this
argument... When we release 2.0.0. Just think about *all* the new Pidgin
users, upgrading from previous Gaim versions, We're going to get in
#pidgin, stating the fact that they hate the clock and they wish it was
the paper.

That in itself should be enough incentive, just so we don't have to
listen to them ;)
I mean really, we've discussed this enough as it is, and we're just
developers..

If the clock means "away", then the paper can definitely not mean
"extended away". It shouldn't even be used in that case.

--
Dennis Ristuccia
EvilDennisR at yourmom.com