Tray bubbles confusing?

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 13:37:14 EDT 2007

On 4/28/07, Steven Garrity <stevelist at silverorange.com> wrote:
> I wondered about this when I first started running the version with
> these icons. That said, I quickly got used to it.
> Some IM apps do a good job with using your own status icon in the system
> tray. That friendly green circle would be a nice simple element in the
> system tray.

Steven, the "friendly green circle" *is* the dominant feature in these
icons. At smaller sizes, it's the *only* feature. I don't think you're
using this stuff at all. Are you scamming us? ;)

That said, I think it's great. Other people have complained that the
speech bubble isn't distinctive enough; that it looks like a "circle
and a square." I thought the speech bubbles might be place-holders
until we had a logo. Daniel also points the Windows style guide says
that the 16px icon should have some sort of logo as its base. I don't
know if he's gotten used to the status icon or if he'd still like
something different.

-s.