Perl Plugin Newbie Problem

Steven Osborn steven at vidoop.com
Sun Apr 29 20:00:40 EDT 2007

I'm trying to write a Perl Plugin and I've looked through all of
the .xs files and examples and I'm afraid I still don't see how to
tie an IM to a user.  I'm figured out how to get my account connected
and create a conversation and IM.  I can even create a buddy object
or reference a buddy from my Buddy list, but I'm not sure how to
create an IM for that buddy.  The code I have looks something like
what I have below, cut down a lot for clarity.

#Create a conversation
$conv1 =  Gaim::Conversation->new(1,$account,"Conversation 1");

#IM Object from Converstation
$im = $conv1->get_im_data();

#This is my buddy
$buddy = Gaim::BuddyList::Buddy::new($account,"Buddy","Best Friend");

#How do I specify who I'm sending this to?
$im->send("Hello Nobody");

I'm sure I'm overlooking something fairly obvious, but I'm not really
familiar with Pidgin's inner workings or Perl for that matter.

--Steven