Icon view buddy list

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:41:56 EDT 2007

* Sean Egan had this to say on [01 Aug 2007, 12:30:35 -0700]:
> Last night, I did this:
>
> http://pidgin.im/~seanegan/iconview.png

It certainly looks interesting to me! GtkIconView came in with GTK+ 2.6.
So I suppose we will include that with pidgin (like pidgincombobox)?
Also, is it possible to turn it into a plugin? The view itself will be
in pidgin, so that plugins can use it where desired, or it can be used
for siege's buddy-selector. And a plugin will be able to replace the
treeview with the iconview (or any other widget, if so desired) in the
buddylist. That'd be pretty interesting, I think.

Sadrul