Watch Spam? Ugh

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Aug 2 23:33:25 EDT 2007

Bryan Haskins spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Can we get a fscking can on this? Second time tonight. I don't think
> we want watches for a low "precentage" of the cost.

Once again, I was out of town, and didn't get the filter updated
quickly enough.  And, once again, two spams are really *not* a big
deal; in both cases recently where we've had spam leakage, the crying
about the spam has generated as much (or more) traffic as the spam
itself.

In this case, these spams didn't even make it to my inbox, because
they have the same message-id as various other spams which had been
previously caught and filed.  I have installed a message-id filter on
Pidgin.  I had no idea that there were people out there who didn't
have such a local filter; it continually boggles my mind how pathetic
popular mailreading software must be.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.