New UI

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Fri Aug 3 12:11:24 EDT 2007

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:45:31 +0200, Sascha Vogt wrote
> Hi Josh,
>
> please read the archive[0] before posting... This has been discussed
> over and over again. Therefore you may get some "not so friendly"
> replies on your comments.
>
> Josh Williams wrote:
> > a) [Status on tabs]
> >
> > b) [Wasted space]
> >
> > c) [Insert of a smiley takes one click more]
> >
> > Please think these things through before you commit these major
> > changes to the trunk. It's getting almost as bad as IE7 in that it
> > seems that it was not designed by someone who actually has to use it
> > every day, which I'm sure is not true.
> All of your complaints have seperate threads where they've been discussed.

We shouldn't discourage people from registering their dissatisfaction just
because we've talked about it before.  Josh's email was short and simple--it
doesn't look like he was expecting to spark any type of argument, he was just
letting us know how he feels, and I value that.

-Mark