Reducing tab size

Ankit Singla anksingla at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 12:59:15 EDT 2007

H. Bons wrote:
> true, but red and green are already used. I think if we are careful
> with the red and green (for color blind people), but I'm sure someting
> can be figured out.
> Let me ajust the proposal:
>

> Bold Font          New message
> Green              Back
>
> Underline(?)          Typing
>
> Italic Font        Offline
> Red Italic         Busy
> Blue Italic        Away
I don't think italic should be offline. I would prefer strike-through, I
think. Italic seems like it should be tied to typing (or as currently
set, status change). Personally, I'd much prefer the icons, but that's
not the question here ;) I also think that the text shouldn't be
decorated *as well as* colored for a non-transient state (i.e. busy/away
as opposed to typing). At least don't tie italic to a non-transient
status. Currently italic denotes an "unseen" change of status, so it
goes away when the tab is switched to. I would expect it to always
behave as such.