Reducing tab size

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Fri Aug 3 23:12:13 EDT 2007

Sean Egan wrote:

<snip>

> If we remove the status icon, I can fit 6 tabs, and have only a 1⁄3
> chance of having to jump through hoops to switch to my desired
> conversation.

That's you, not a generalization.  What do I mean by that? Font size,
font weight, theme padding on the tab, and worst of all DPI.  In other
words, many variables that are not accounted for in that example.

> Then, if we do something less space-filled to indicate an offline user
>  – italicize the title, perhaps – then your use case is filled much
> better.

So if I read this right, you want to remove our normal (and currently
consistent) way of showing status, to something vague like text
decoration that only shows a particular subset of possible statuses?

<snip>

--
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>