Telugu rendering on Windows

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Tue Aug 7 08:56:06 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 05:15:46PM +0530, RKVS Raman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am translating pidgin to telugu on windows. I compiled it with GTK
> to find boxes instead of telugu characters on windows UI. Do i need to
> change anything in settings to be able to see Telugu? Tamil and Hindi
> render fine.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards
> -Raman

I am posting this to devel as well as i18n because several of the win32
guys are not on the i18n list.

The problem here is that you do not have fonts that GTK+ can find that
have the glyphs (characters) you need.  This may be because you do not
have them at all, or that GTK+ is not finding them.

luke