Updated smiley style

Steven Brown steven.w.j.brown at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:51:06 EDT 2007

Great icons, Hylke!  Overall, I like this new style much more, but I'd
like to make a couple comments.

Making the eyes into eyeballs has decreased the size of the pupil and
decreased the exaggeration of expression.  Would it look strange to make
the eyes a little bigger?

I think the mouth on the new-style-cute is too sharp of an angle (too
small), I like the old mouth's shape more.  And although the red mouth
looks good, I'm wondering if it's more difficult for some people to see.
  Black provides great contrast and maybe helps convey the emote's
meaning more quickly and clearly.  Seeing a before/after of the
insert-smiley dialog would be the best way to compare, I think.

If there is one emote I'd really like to see updated, it's the crying
emote.  Two symmetrical tears always looked strange to me for some reason.

I'm looking forward to whatever you produce!  :)

Steve