UI changes

Mattias Eriksson snaggen at acc.umu.se
Tue Aug 14 03:45:40 EDT 2007

mån 2007-08-13 klockan 12:17 -0700 skrev Sean Egan:
> On 8/13/07, Mattias Eriksson <snaggen at acc.umu.se> wrote:
> > However the chat window change for 2.1 doesn't feel optimal, there are a
> > lot of redundant information in the window with the nick in the tab,
> > just below the tab.
>
> Of course, this is only redundant if you have both tabs and the
> "infopane" turned on. ;)

I didn't find any place where I could configure this... and it is on by
default!

another thing about the infopane... previously the picture of the user
was beside the text entry widget but it is now moved to the infopane.
When the picture was beside the text entry it could be a lot bigger,
which I found useful since I actually can see what my friends pictures
look like. Now when it is on the infopane it is the same small size as
in the buddy list which makes it hard to see what they look like. So I
think the picture was better placed before because it allowed it to be
larger. Now it is in a better context but its usefullness is lowered...
ok it is not a very big problem, but it was just my first feeling when I
used the chat window so I thought I'll let you know.

//Snaggen