Type message here... and Send button absence

Steven Brown steven.w.j.brown at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 21:15:14 EDT 2007

I wasn't aware of this, but some people apparently don't like that there
isn't a 'Send' button?  I guess it might not be immediately obvious to
the first time user how to send a message.... or that Enter specifically
sends the message.

What about having some greyed-out text when either when the conversation
window is first created (conservative), or when the text input doesn't
have focus (maybe too aggressive) ?

http://www.stevenbrown.ca/blog/files/2007/08/pidgin-type-here.png

I think this is potentially really low hanging ui fruit and am curious
what others thought.  :)

Steve