[Adium-devl] Proposed attention API

Jeff Connelly shellreef at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 02:17:48 EDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/14/07, Alan Humpherys <alan at ewonderz.com> wrote:
> > I agree that the icons (if any) should live in the presentation app
> > and not in libpurple.
>
> I would suspect the icons referenced by this API are intended to be
> icon 'hints' rather than actual image files.
Right. The icon hint would be better as a const gchar * instead of a
PurpleStoredImage. I made this change, and also added signals as
deckrider described, in an updated patch at
http://msimprpl.darkthoughts.net/attention2.diff .

In Pidgin, it might make sense to build the attention command images
on top of the existing emoticon infrastructure. The MySpaceIM plugin,
for example, could pass an image name of "zap" or "raspberry" and the
appropriate symbols (which don't exist yet) would be used in the
attention menu and when sending or receiving.

-Jeff