Oscar file transfers declared "failed" in AIM Express

Kyryll A Mirnenko aka Mirya mirya at zoc.com.ua
Thu Aug 16 10:24:28 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 14 August 2007 19:55, you wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:03:55 +0300, Kyryll A Mirnenko aka Mirya wrote
>
> > On Wednesday 08 August 2007 23:52, Lukas Barth wrote:
> > > In this case, perhaps you should see my patch in #365 - besides my
> > > poorly written code for receiving multiple files (it works so far on my
> > > machine) I somewhere found a "done" flag which is not set when
> > > libpurple sends the "done" packet: See the changes in
> > > libpurple/protocols/oscar/oft.c starting in line 347.
> >
> > Tried it, it doesn't help - the transfers are still marked as failed.
>
> I can't find the file transfer option in AIM Express.  Could you tell me
> what URL you're using and the steps to get to the file transfer option?

Sorry for confusion, i'm reproducing it with AOL's AIM6 (non-Express) client.
I'm not sure AIM Express supports file tranfers at all. It's true for Windows
and MacOSX servion of AIM6, and MacOSX version says that the file uploaded
has "failed the verification process".
Trillian client behaves the same way. Elder AIM5 seems not to complain about
failed transfers. Later i'll have some information about Mac's iChat.

I've filed a bug (http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/2489), in short from the
MacOSX  AOL client message and what I see in Miranda IM code I guess file
checksumming is needed after the transfer is completed, [guess] the same way
it's done in libpurple for file transfer resuming.

--
Regards, Mirya
ICQ #313898202