Can pidgin work with openssl?

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:26:18 EDT 2007

What would be being broken?

http://www.openssl.org/source/license.html

openssl's license looks really simple.

Of course I'm the worst (well not worst but pretty bad) when it comes
to understanding licenses. But I see no mention on restriction of
usage. I know there may be issues with distributing openssl from
country to country because of laws but that is another issue.
Some people just allow downloads from within the US to avoid export laws.

And pidgin is under the GPL which would allow usage of a library with
a different license.

>From my understanding its only derivative works of a GPL project that
must retain GPL.

I just don't see the problem. Could you please enlighten us.

Thanks :-)