Avatars for Services and Users

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Thu Aug 16 15:05:04 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 03:03:39PM -0400, Josh Williams wrote:
> On 8/16/07, Christopher CDW. Wooley <christopher at overdrivetechgrp.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Is there any way to change the specific avatar of a service? I'm not
> > talking about my personal avatar; I'm referring to the green dots,
> > themselves.

<snip>
> No, at this time, there is no way to change that. They're going to
> release a plugin to do it, though. That's actually one of the things
> we've been arguing about a lot lately.

Actually, if the request is just to replace the green circle with some
other icon that works now just fine via gtkrc stock icon theming. If,
however, the request is to bring back the per-protocol icons (in the buddy
list) then no, there is no way, and this has been discussed to death in
various places.

<snip>

	-Etan