Reducing tab size

Tim Ringenbach tim.ringenbach at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 22:11:57 EDT 2007

On 8/16/07, Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:

> We currently have http://pidgin.im/~seanegan/images/tabs2.png with
> label formatting used to indicate buddy state.
>
> We can also do http://pidgin.im/~seanegan/small-tab-icons.png;
> reducing the size of the icons reaps most of the benefits of removing
> them altogether.
>
> Which is better?

 I much prefer having the status icons. It's consistent with the buddy list.
Also I apparently like my IM windows much bigger than yours, because I
usually have something like 9 tabs showing.
I was annoyed when I started Pidgin and the conversation window was small,
and I had to make it bigger again.

Kevin said that nobody liked making tabs invisible from single-tabbed
> windows, and that he'd get everyone to complain at me, but nobody has
> since. To the contrary, I've gotten several compliments  about it.

I was annoyed by it for the 5 seconds I went with only one tab open. Thank
goodness for freenode and nickserv IMing me at the same time.

--Tim