Reducing tab size

Peter Lawler pidgin-devel at bleeter.id.au
Sat Aug 18 04:32:39 EDT 2007

Ka-Hing Cheung wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 18:27 -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
>
>> http://pidgin.im/~seanegan/dancing.gif doesn't seem like a big deal to
>>

> I've been away, while this doesn't seem like a big jump, it's worse when
> your tabs are at the bottom, especially when you are typing.
>
> Even if you think it's a slight negative, it's a slight negative for no
> gain.
>
> -khc

My 2c...
I thought some of these recent UI changes were to reduce UI wasted space
- having a blank area immediately to the right of a tab merely so that a
singular tab can be displayed whose information is duplicated elsewhere
in the UI seems rather pointless to me, and would make me think that the
UI design in fundamentally flawed in some respect... or maybe I'm
missing something vital. *shrug* Haven't really been paying much
attention to this thread, so I'll shurrup now.

Pete.