Reducing tab size

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Aug 20 02:45:09 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 13:45 -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> All you're saying here is "inconsistency exists."

And many people are trying to get that fixed. Ubuntu has a proposal for
fixing this that adopts Firefox 1.x behavior. I think that's bad for a
number of reasons. In an ideal world, I'd really rather see us all use
GTK+'s behavior, which may need arrows added for clarity. Close buttons
on/for tabs should be controlled by the theme, with the default being
close buttons on tabs shown with a small image.

> > If this is happening with enough frequency to both you (meaning anyone,
> > not necessarily Sean), it's probably because you generally only have one
> > conversation open at a time, in which case you should TURN OFF tabs
> > entirely and leave the rest of us alone.
>
> Huh? If what's happening?

If tabs are bothering you. If you were to mostly have more than one
conversation per window, then the request is moot.

> > I'd also like to point out that I dislike your logic about complaints.
>
> I don't know what logic you're talking about.

I got the impression you were making this decision based on the number
of "complaints" from both sides.

Richard