"Insert" Button in UI

Zan pidgin at zansstuff.com
Tue Aug 21 19:40:41 EDT 2007

It seems to me that the current Insert button (which is actually the smiley
icon plus the word Insert) takes up almost as much room as the old Smiley,
Picture, and Hyperlink buttons did. However, now inserting a smiley (which I
do regularly) takes two clicks, which is much more annoying. I'd like the
option of trading one or two rows of pixels for that extra click.

Sean Egan said on August 3rd that this would be addressed in 2.1.1, but it
looks like this was left out. Is a change (or at least an option to change)
still in the pipeline?

As a long-time Pidgin used who has two monitors and can therefore afford
large IM windows, I would like to remind the developers that in the quest
for making Gaim accessable to those with small screens, you shouldn't forget
about optimizing it for those of us who don't.

 - Zan